Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where did my husband go?

Kevin started a new job about a week after my surgery, when he got laid off from his previous job. It is at a nursery that supplies trees to places like Lowe's and Home Depot. It is a good job, pays very well, and Kevin has been able to move up very quickly. Problem, he gets home around 11pm every night, and thats on a good night. He goes in at 7am. Seems that there is mass lack of communication, probably because 80% of the work force does not speak English (don't get me started on THAT subject) but also because the 2 main decision makers have no clue what the hell they are doing. About 15% of the work force is salaried, leaving the other 85% making big bucks on overtime. Well, Kevin has been telling them since he started working there that this was going to bite them in the can't pay people that much overtime and expect to be profitable. Well, seems they finally figured this out and starting monday (hopefully) they are closing up shop at 730pm. This is going to make people get their shit together to get their work more slacking-they all better watch out cause Kevin is a slave driver, and now that he has upper management backing him up on having time limits for loading trucks, he is really going to be pushing people. I wouldn't want to work with kevin, even at home when I am busting my ass and sweating like a hog, he is working circles around me. That is one thing that God blessed him with...the ability to work extremely hard for extremely long hours. He loves pushing his body physically at work and I am glad he gets to do this there, but also exercise his organizational skills (he has nothing on me in this department) but he gets to make them better with practice.
I am just going to be excited to see my husband again! We have seriously gone 3 days without speaking to each other in person because I am in bed before he gets home and out the door before he is even has done wonders for our relationship, but I miss my hubby!!!!


  1. I hope everything works out as planned and Kevin gets a break soon! Those are hellaciously long days.

  2. That's insane, and I hope it gets back to normal soon! It's awesome that he found a job so soon, but working that much will take a toll on anyone. Absense makes the heart grow fonder, so they say. I find that when my hubby goes away for hunting trips or starts working on weekends, it gets to me. I prefer to see him every day!

    the non-english speaking - yeah...that is a topic that royally pisses me off on a daily basis!