Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Resolution

So I am feeling much better today, even though it is snowing again outside, and this time sticking. We will be delivering a BRAND SPANKING NEW hospital bed and wheelchair to the lady in my blog yesterday. I am excited and feel accomplished. I was so excited when I got to call the son and let him know. He sounded so happy and relieved. She will have it all by thursday.

Mark approached me this morning before work and wanted to know what I was so upset about. I let him have it. I let him know exactly what I think of him as a coworker. Don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy, he just doesn't give a damn.

Im past that though. I had my piece with my boss, gave her all the documentation to write him up and it is out of my hands. I made the situation better and that is all I care about. THE PATIENT GOT WHAT SHE NEEDED!

I have lost 3 lbs and several inches. I am excited about that. I have been to the gym everyday since I got my membership and I feel so much better. My body hasn't made any changes yet really, my belly still jiggles when I pose in front of the mirror while waiting for the water in my shower to heat up, but my jeans are a little looser. Im happy.

Someone tried to break into my mother's house on saturday night. They were not able to get in and mom scared them away, but they did manage to break into a house just 3 houses away. This past summer, an elderly man (who was the sweetest guy in the world) was beat to death while trying to stop a breakin at his home. They never caught the guy. His wife had to play dead to keep her life. It scares me. I can see this man's house from my back yard and my parent's house is only 1/2 mile away. I hate living in fear. Kevin taught me how to shoot a while ago, so no problems there, and after talking to a cop friend, I was told if someone breaks in to not hesitate and shoot the asshole. There are now laws that protect the homeowners instead of the criminals. The criminal can no longer sue you for injury and the family of the criminal can not sue for death. I am thankful that this is now in affect. I hate having to sleep with a loaded gun beside my bed though. But I will do what I have to do. Lord help him if he tries to break in to our home while my husband and I are home. I thought the country was supposed to be safe?! I just worry mainly about my mother being home by herself. I hope they find this asshole and put his ass in jail for a very long time.

4 comments:

  1. Good Lord! Dave and I were talking the other day about how people are so scared of the City Life but we never have to worry about anything much. Home Break-ins are unheard of here, unless you are part of some sort of organized crime ring.
    Sure there are murders, but nothing like you are speaking of. Again, you have to find trouble in these parts. Watching the evening news tells us that people out in the counties have to deal with more horrifying things than we deal with here.

    I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on the weight loss and inches removed! I'm proud of you. Be careful hitting the gym every day. It can cause burn-out. It's crazy how much crime has increased in your area! Rural living isn't what it used to be for sure. Hopefully, the Amish don't start an organized crime ring and try to break into our home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the weight loss! And wow...that's really scary. My husband has guns, but has never tought me how to use them. I've always felt that since I have two big dogs, that would be enough to scare away an intruder. But then I think that an intruder can just as easily kill my dogs. That's horrible to think about. Better safe then sorry. You have to know how to protect yourself. I think I'm gonna go home and get in some shooting practice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. apparently more break ins are occuring in the country because people from the city are going there do steal-they know that it will take cops longer to respond and that they are county cops...aka slow movers all around. What they forget is that most people that live in the country have guns and know how to use them and tend to be very protective of their property. Crazy hillbillies if you will!

    ReplyDelete