Friday, October 16, 2009

What a week!

I am soooo ready for the weekend!
The transition to Sandusky went smoothly. For the most part. There are still a few glitches that we need to work out, but I am so much happier at my new location. I love the women that are in my area. They are laid back, have a sense of humor, and take everything in stride. Plus they get it when you are busy and just need to be left alone to hunker down and make it through your pile of crap.
I got some disappointing news at the OB/GYN's on wednesday. Pap came back abnormal....again. I get to start the whole biopsy rounds again, but there is hope that it could be nothing. Fun part was when my mom told my brother, who in turn told my father, who in turn told 2 of his close friends that I grew up with, that I was having surgery the 28th and starting chemo right away...still trying to figure out where she got that from. I think she just thrives on drama and wanted some attention thrown in her direction. Like I don't have enough stress to deal with...give me 45 calls where I have to calm down friends and family members. My dad called me and sounded pretty upset-was ready to take the day of my "surgery" off and any other time that I thought would be helpful. He laughed when I said I was having my "surgery" on my lunch break and going back to work afterwards. Thanks mom...I love drama!

Kevin and I get our nieces for the weekend. I am so excited about this. We are going to do girly night sleepover style stuff....like painting our nails and playing with hair and makeup and of course, going to see "Where The Wild Things Are." So pumped!
I just have to make it through a half hour more here and then 4 hours at my other job tonight...the joys of multiple jobs-going from one to the other. Oh well, it pays the bills better than one job.
On a high note, Kevin has sold 22 cords of wood (4ft x 4ft x 8ft.) It is helping a lot with bills and him being laid off. Plus it gives him something to do during the day so he doesn't get depressed that he isn't working. Still waiting on the grant response, but I am hopeful.
Kevin came and took me to lunch today. It was a nice suprise. He had Bully with him. I wanted to take him back to work with me, but figured the boss would frown upon this. Don't think she would view it as "take your son to work day." Even though he is currently our son.
Kevin and I are going to start putting money back into a savings account and then eventually into CD's...just in case we decide that we do want to adopt in the future. If we decide not to, we have a good chunk of change to either do major renovation work on the house, pay off some major bills, or go on a kick-ass vacation. All in all, it is a good thing to do. Plus, if we do decide we want a child, we will have the means to do so.
Hope you all have a great weekend. I am hoping to!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your GYN visit. I had a horrible experience with an irregular pap smear--the doctor had me in tears, talking about removing ovaries, major surgery and time off work. All for nothing; I was fine. I hope the same is true for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are okay too, and the biopsy is quick and clean, and not one of those where they have to do horrible, horrible things to your lady parts.

    ReplyDelete