Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random Twelve

1. Candy corn: your thoughts?

Totally gross. Never liked it. Picture it in old ladies pockets all melted together...gross.

2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your significant other?

We worked at East of Chicago together over a summer. The first conversation was actually about a 4 wheeler he was looking at buying. I gave him my opinion because my family rides-even though I had no clue about anything but what color I prefered-it gave me an in to talk to the guy that I thought was cute, other than, "DELIVERY UP!"

3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?

Kevin and I do when we are short on cash for groceries. But not by choice. I grew up in a house where we had 1/2 steer in our freezer at most times and we ate almost everthing that we hunted. I love a good rare steak...I once grossed out an entire table of Heidelberg football players with how rare I asked for my steak to be cooked. It was delish.

4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?

Bully partakes in our ugly sweater parties each year. He isn't a fan of wearing the sweater/sweatshirt/or vest that we find him, but he puts on a happy face when the other dogs get there clad in their garish attire.

5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbi, Cracking fake eggs on people's head with your fist and "It's The Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year.

I miss children being able to be children. Being able to get muddy and dirty and it was ok. Being able to catch local viruses from your daycare-and parents bringing their children around other children with chicken pox so all the kids could "just get it done and over with." I will never miss watching a child being rubbed down with hand sanitizer because they played with the toys at the doctor's office. Being able to eat candy cigarettes and not having people make tastless comments about it. They were my favorite candy growing up and I have never even tried a real cigarette, but boy could I make the candy ones look fabulous as I "smoked" them. I miss trips to Alabama to see my great grandma, I miss weekends on the boat with my dad. I miss playing with my cousins and sleepovers.

6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?

I have won multiple cheerleading trophies, most inspirational coach, the citizenship award in 6th grade, The Mackenzie leadership award in band, a creative writing one in 7th grade, and the Student Employee of the Year and Lemke English Honorary award at Heidelberg. I have my name on a lot of plaques.

7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?

Only when putting up Christmas decorations.

8. What is your favorite board game?

Trivial Pursuit!

9. How do you feel about suprises (receiving, not giving?)

Depends on the type of suprise-if its a good one, ok. If its "Hey, so and so is going to be here in 10 min and you need to clean the house yet" not so much

10. Is it easy for you to say "I'm sorry?"

Usually, yes.

11. What is your favorite candle scent?

Lime Basil or cotton/clean laundry smell

12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?

I would serve preztels with rolo's melted on top (yummy,) a cheese tray of all my favorite cheeses...some good red wine, maybe a dessert wine-like Ice wine, and my friends awesome recipe for a cheese ball with crackers.
I would have all my scrapbooks out on display and right now, our house is pretty much our art project..."please enjoy the unfinished drywall, subfloor, and bare ceilings..."

2 comments:

  1. I would have never guessed that you were a cheerleader! You give off a tough, tom-boy vibe, and I think of cheerleaders as girly girls. How's that for stereotyping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...i'm chuckling at your last sentence.

    hmmm...i love a good cheese ball. i miss those...my aunt used to make one for our holiday get togethers that we don't have anymore. ah the memories...

    ReplyDelete