Thursday, January 29, 2009

Really...do we need more snow?!

Ugh, this weather is the worst, isn't it? This is the one time of the year that I HATE Ohio. Nothing like getting 12 inches of snow dumped on you overnight. I had a funeral yesterday morning, so I didn't have to worry about driving my usual 45 min (turned 1 hour 30 min) drive to work. I was thankful when my lil bro, Jake, came and picked me up; but I am sure I looked funny trudging through the large snow drifts in dress pants and dress boots with a heel. Im lucky I didn't fall on my ass, like I am known to do. It was 4 o'clock by the time the plows had finally started moving the snow around our house and Kevin spent a good 4 and 1/2 hours outside in Papa's skid loader pushing our driveway, our neighbor's driveway, a woman down the road's driveway, and the end of the road that the plows just happened to miss, clear of snow. I am just thankful it didn't drift overnight because our county sucks for snow removal. You see most people with blades on the front of their trucks driving with them down because it seems no one else will do it. I know our neighbors are thankful for Kevin clearing their driveways though. The one guy is nearly 70 and doesn't need to be out in it and the lady down the road is home all week by herself since her hubby drives truck. I just know that I am ready to be done with the drab weather. I want to smell the fresh grass, hear birds chirp, and not have to let me car warm up for 45 min before I get in it to go. Oh Spring, where are you?! Anyone down for doing the Spring dance with me? If my calculations are correct, we simply need to hop around flapping imaginary wings eating peeps...

No comments:

Post a Comment